There is no SketchUp experience required to start classes on SketchUp for Interior Designers. I do ask complete beginners to take SketchUp 101 to get familiar with some of the tools before jumping into the workflow courses. All of the courses include exercise files to follow along and use a learn-by-doing method.
The time it takes each designer to learn SketchUp varies greatly. Some fly right through the lessons and feel comfortable incorporating it into their design workflow quickly. Others will need more time to practice, step away from the computer, and return each day to practice. Unfortunately, there isn't a "one-size-fits-all" answer for this.
SketchUp runs on both a Mac and/or a Windows computer. These courses are recorded on a Mac; however, throughout the course I discuss the differences between the two. Windows users are not left out!
SketchUp released an iPad app in 2022, and It's fantastic! SketchUp for iPad Essentials is the perfect spot to get started with the app. However, the majority of our lessons are compatible with the desktop/laptop version of SketchUp Pro.
Be sure that you are signing in using the same email address that you used to sign-up. If it is correct, try the following (usually it’s a browser issue):
- First, temporarily disable any ad blocker extensions you may have installed to your browser.
- Since many issues can be caused by saved browsing data, you can try clearing your browser cache next.
- If this doesn't work, then we also recommend trying again while using a private (incognito) browser window.
- If you're still having issues, then it's important to make sure that your browser is up to date, running the most recent available version. So please try to update your browser next.
- If an updated browser doesn't resolve the issue, the next step is to try a different browser. We recommend Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
Lastly, let Tammy know if the issue persists.
This happens if you have signed up for two accounts, under two separate emails. Be sure to log in under the email that you purchased the courses with.
You'll have help from an expert! You can email me here. Attaching your SketchUp (.skp) and/or LayOut (.layout) to the email is helpful.
Some questions can be answered via email accompanied by a short custom-made video tutorial, other questions may require a quick Zoom call so that we can screen share and work through a concept together. Either way, I never want you to feel stuck!
These lessons are completely self-paced. You decide when you start and when you finish!
In pre-pandemic times, I held two-day, small group trainings throughout the country. I really miss hosting these and am hopeful for their return in 2023. Currently, we are in a “wait-and-see” pattern with Covid numbers and trends.